Owners manuals and installation information for WhisperKOOL Platinum Split Systems, both wall mounted and fully ducted.
Described in the simplest terms, a split system is a cooling unit wherein the evaporator unit and condensing unit have been “split” into two separate units instead of being contained within the same housing. The evaporator unit is located in or near your cellar, and the condensing unit is generally located outside, or in an attic or utility room.
The Platinum Series of split systems allow you to decide where the evaporator unit and the condensing unit will be located. The condensing unit can be located up to 100 ft. away from the evaporator unit. The evaporator unit will be mounted in the cellar or it can also be located nearby with ducting.
If you don’t mind seeing the grille of your cooling unit in your cellar, a wall-mounted split system is what you need. If you prefer your unit to be out of sight, you should get a fully ducted split system. The choice is yours.
The Platinum Split line is available with 110v or 220v High Efficiency Condenser and optional 24V Thermostat
- A qualified HVAC-R technician is required for installation. Failure to have the system installed by a qualified technician will void the warranty
- The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell. By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.
The Platinum Split Line includes:
- Wall Mounted Platinum Split 4000 for cellars up to 1000 Cu. Ft.
- Fully Ducted Platinum Split 4000 for cellars up to 1000 Cu. Ft.
- Wall Mounted Platinum Split 8000 for cellars up to 1750 Cu. Ft.
- Fully Ducted Platinum Split 8000 for cellars up to 1750 Cu. Ft.
- Wall Mounted Platinum Split Twin for cellars up to 3000 Cu. Ft.
- Fully Ducted Platinum Split Twin for cellars up to 3000 Cu. Ft.